Friday, November 4, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Happy November friends! With this new month came FREEZING weather. I walked to my carpool every morning in 35 degree weather these past few days. Winter's a-comin'! The last couple of weeks have been super busy, but fun as well! Let me catch you up a little:

1.) My sweet friend Lauren came to visit me! We had fun eating sushi at my favorite Seattle spot, Rain Sushi, roaming around Pike Place Market, hiking in the rain up Mt. Si, eating donuts & drinking lattes at Mighty-O-Donuts, & carving pumpkins at Aunt Beth & Uncle Mike's. It's always a treat showing people I love around my new city! But even more than that, I cherished the time spent chatting, laughing, and catching up with one of my best friends! Thanks for coming murna!




2.) I also celebrated my Golden Birthday last week, 26 on the 26th! I had a great day and felt very loved and celebrated by friends and family. Chris took me to dinner at a place I've been drooling over for quite some time, Serafina. It had a wonderful atmosphere, yummy food, and great service! I would highly recommend it for a night out on the town. He also surprised me with this vest just in time for the wintery weather! Thanks babe :-)


3.) I started working 10 hour days Monday-Thursday...which means three day weekends! Woo hoo! So thankful for this fun season of life.

4.) Chris and I decided to "bond" over a new activity with all of this cold weather coming...hot yoga. Yep. Bonding over "dripping like I just jumped in a pool" exercise. I bought us groupons to try a place next to my house. Chris is a trooper...let me just say that. It was an interesting experience...we'll see how the next two months of our new hobby go!

5.) The b-day celebrations continued into the weekend as my wonderful friends surprised me with a pot-luck costume dinner on Saturday followed by a night out on the town. Rarely do I go to bars these days. Most nights I'm in bed by 10...yes, I realize I'm getting old. BUT, we decided to change things up a bit and go to a neighborhood bar called The Little Red Hen. What a gem. This place was right straight out of small town Texas. Men with 10-gallon hats, boots, wranglers...the whole bit. I felt like I was home :-) We danced the night away and laughed at all of the awesome costumes that walked in. Note the creepy clown that wouldn't leave us alone...my favorite pics of the night! Ha!









6.) We bought our Season Passes to Stevens Pass! Totally ready for Schralp Fest 2012 :-)

7.) Chris and I had our first lounge on the couch and be lazy Sunday in forever! It was fabulous. We ate pizza, watched football and ended the night with my favorite Halloween movie.


Hope you had a great end to October! Bring on the holidays :-)

xo,

1 comment:

  1. I love love coffee places that make designs in the foam! So cute :) I'm so glad you are having fun up there! Love you sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete