Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hello Blogging World!

Well...it's taken me about 6 months (no joke) but I have FINALLY figured out how to set up a blog (thanks again Ash!) I know I probably only have my parents and a few friends reading this, but I figured it would be a great way to keep everyone updated on my new life here in Seattle! Long story short, I moved up here about 8 months ago (omg...time flies), started a new job, learned to snowboard, met new friends, quit my job, got a new one, and now it's summer! yeesh. So in between quitting my recent job and starting a new one, I took a two week break to go back to Dallas and relax with family and friends before starting my first 9-5 job! My trip home was amazing (as always) and involved seeing friends, hanging out with family, visiting the ranch, seeing this movie, running/walking this race, visiting the Dallas World Aquarium, and reading this book. The weather was fantastic (quite a nice break from rainy Seattle) and I returned to some welcoming and beautiful sunshine. This weekend Chris and I are planning to go on a hike to Heather Lake and kayak to the arboretum and enjoy some Mexican food...well Seattle's version at least :-) Then we have a flag football game on Sunday and Chris' niece Lily's fourth birthday party and then new job here I come! Of course there will be many pictures to come, but for now enjoy some pics from my wonderful time at home...I miss everyone dearly :-)

Miss Dottie...looking good even at 20 years old (that's human years people!)

 Mom and Buddy

 The pond in front of the house...love the reflection

 The baby bull trottin' up to say hello!

 J.A. greeting me at the gate

 The newest members at Reboot Ranch

 A pretty flowering cactus on the side of the road

 Texas wildflowers

 Sweet Birdie girl

 Lily Loof in all her beauty

 Feeding J.A. a doggie treat and trying not to get my hand chomped off

 Farm fresh eggs from the coop

 8th killed snake of the week...eww

 Heaven on earth

 Post-Katy Trail run/walk

 Bird just saying hello at the DWA

 The view I came back to

Discovery Park

Come visit me friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. Yay love your first post :)!!! And you friend

    ReplyDelete