We were the only people at the lake at the time we were there and it was nice to just sit and take in the scenery without anyone around. The only thing that could have made our time better was if I could have had some water out of the lake! I know that sounds totally weird, but it was so crystal clear and the air was so crisp and cold I just kept thinking how amazing a glass of that water would be! Which is why I have decided to add this water purifier to my REI wish list that is forever long. With this puppy I can drink from whatever lake, stream, river I want to while camping this summer without getting all of those diseases that kept running through my head as I entertained the idea of drinking it unpurified (oh the woes of being a nurse).
We finished our day with a bike ride down to Greenlake, a touch football game and a cookout with new and old friends. It was a perfect almost summer day! Saturday Chris and I made the trek to Ikea and got all the essentials to furnish the rest of his new place...which included a sofa, kitchen table, and butchers block. We then made our way to the Sounders game and watched them take home the win in the 90th minute! We wrapped up the weekend with two playoff flag football games, a birthday party, as well as fitting in time to assemble all of Chris' new things....phew! Needless to say, I was SPENT last night! However, I mustered up tons of energy today as I started my new job at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance! It was a great first day...and boy did it fly by only working 8 hours! Haha! I am really thankful for this wonderful opportunity and am excited for the challenge that awaits me :-)
Now I'm off to have dinner with one of my favorite soccer pals of all time who is moving here in less than a month (HOORAY) Miss Megan Vickery! So pumped to have more childhood friends in my new city! Now if I could only get a few more of you to move here ;-) Hope everyone had a great Monday! I'll leave you with some more pictures from our hike, although they really don't do it justice!
About to start our journey
Coming up on the lake
Taking in the beautiful views
Happy Hikers!
Looking like a nerd in my new $5 hat ;-)
Huge roots of a fallen tree
No comments:
Post a Comment