Not a bad view in the summer...I work in the big orange building right on the lake!
I moved to Seattle in October of 2010...a few weeks past Seattle's prime of summer. I had visited in the summer months and wondered what in the world everyone was talking about...it didn't rain in Seattle! Ha. Wrong. The next six months of gloom and darkness that ensued definitely made me reconsider my decision to move to the Rainy City...although it may have had something to do with the fact that I turned into a vampire working crazy night shifts and never saw the light of day (or the short window of "light" in the Seattle winter months). So when I got a normal person job last May I was so thrilled that I was even
seeing daylight, that I didn't even notice the summer I had been hearing so much about was a little gloomier and colder than I remembered.
It's been a year since I started working normal hours again and the honeymoon phase is over. I now officially understand why Seattlites have coined the term "June-uary." It's officially summer starting today and I have witnessed people with beanies, gloves, and even Uggs on walking around the city. SERIOUSLY? It's
summer, people! I refuse to partake in dressing for the weather here...it's summer, and I
will wear shorts...even though it's a high of 59 degrees tomorrow, by-golly! Summer in Seattle supposedly doesn't start until July 5th...all I can say is, bring it on :-)
xo,
No comments:
Post a Comment